Monday, July 30, 2007

Family Fishing Fun





Well if any of you know us very well you know that our kids are very outdoorsy. I see a farm in our near future. If my kids had a warning label it would read: Do not keep indoors or will self destruct. Perfectly said, so my mom leaves Wed. night and I am being left with my 6 wonderful children for the first time all day by my self. No problem right? Right? It was raining Thursday! Great for the farmers, insanity for me. The kids were actually very good. I on the other hand, total chaos. I forgot Jaelynn's reading class it had been switched to 8:30 am. Her teacher was driving all around our neighborhood trying to find our house and calling me on my dead cell phone. (sorry Jennifer). Luckily a great new friend called and invited Justin and Jaelynn over to play for a few hours. They had a blast. (Thanks Melissa) I ran a few errands with the younger 4 and before you know it Scott was home and our weekend would begin. He is off on Friday but it was nasty out again so we played cleanup in the house and that game doesnt last very long. We poked along into Sat. which was much more entertaining. The highlight of the day was fishing at the local neighborhood pond. I figured it wouldnt last to long, but when the kids are waiting in line to take a fish off and get rebaited, who would want to leave? Our fishing trip ended abruptly when Justin hooks his finger. Poor kid. He was very brave and tough. Saturday turned into Sunday in which Sawyer continued a low grade fever so we hung out at home most of the day. What an entertaining weekend luckily I picked my mom back up this morning. We are so looking forward to next weekend when we go down south to KY to visit all of our Wall family and friends.

No comments: